Wandesforde National School, Castlecomer, Co. Kilkenny.
COVID -19 Policy Statement
Wandesforde National School is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all our staff and a safe learning environment for all our students.
This COVID-19 policy statement outlines our commitment as a school to implement the plan and help prevent the spread of the virus. The Board of Management and all school staff are responsible for the implementation of this plan and a combined effort will help contain the spread of the virus.
The policy will be signed and dated by the Principal and Chairperson of the Board of Management and brought to the attention of staff, pupils, parents and others.
To ensure that, we have developed the following COVID-19 Response Plan.
- continue to monitor our COVID-19 response and amend this plan in consultation with our staff.
- provide up to date information to our staff and students on the public health advice issued by the HSE and Gov.ie
- display information on the signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and correct hand-washing techniques.
- agree with staff, a worker representative who is easily identifiable to carry out the role outlined in this plan in relation to summer provision.
- inform all staff and students of essential hygiene and respiratory etiquette and physical distancing requirements.
- adapt the school to facilitate physical distancing as appropriate in line with the public health guidance and direction of the Department of Education.
- keep a contact log to help with contact tracing.
- ensure staff and students engage with the induction / familiarisation briefing provided by the Department of Education.
- implement the agreed procedures to be followed in the event of someone showing symptoms of COVID-19 while at school.
- provide instructions for staff and students to follow if they develop signs and symptoms of COVID-19 during school time.
- implement cleaning in line with Department of Education advice.
- All school staff will be consulted on an ongoing basis and feedback is encouraged on any concerns, issues or suggestions.This can be done through the Lead Worker Representative, Susan Power, and the Deputy Lead Worker Representative, Sheila Dooley, who will be supported in line with the agreement between the Department and education partners. Signed : _________________ (School Principal) Date: ___________ _____________ (Chairperson of Board of Management) Date:__________
Covid-19: Safe Return to School: Pupil Health Questionnaire Form
Wandesforde National School, Castlecomer, Co. Kilkenny
This questionnaire must be completed by parents at least 3 days in advance of returning to school and emailed to email@example.com.
If the answer is Yes to any of the questions below, you are advised to seek medical advice for your child before returning to school.
NAME OF CHILD: ___________________ CLASS: ___________________
|1.||Does your child have symptoms of cough, fever, high temperature, sore throat, runny nose, breathlessness or flu like symptoms now or in the past 14 days?|
|2.||Has your child or family been diagnosed with a confirmed or suspected COVID-19 infection in the last 14 days?|
|3.||Has your child or family been advised by the HSE that you are a close contact of a person who is a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days?|
|4.||Has your child or your family been advised by a doctor to self-isolate at this time?|
|5.||Has your child or your family been advised by a doctor to cocoon at this time?|
|6.||Has your child been advised by your doctor that they are in the very high risk group? If YES, please liaise with the School Principal re return to school and follow the agreed DES arrangements for very high risk groups|
If you have answered NO to all of the above questions, your child may return to school.
*The school recommends as a precautionary measure that parents check their
child’s temperature each morning before going to school.*
Please note: The school is collecting this sensitive personal data for the purposes of maintaining safety within the workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. The legal basis for collecting this data is based on vital public health interests and maintaining occupational health and this data will be held securely in line with our school’s retention policy.
Please sign this form to confirm that the details above are true to the best of your knowledge. It will be the responsibility of parents/guardians to inform the school of any change in circumstances to the details you have provided above.
SIGNED: (Parent(s) / Guardian(s))